Meet the Staff: Acquisitions Dir. Jessica McQuay!
Hi REUTies! My name is Jessica McQuay and I am the Acquisitions Director here at REUTS. I’m not so great at talking about myself, so I’ll stick to the basics and try not to bore you to tears. LOL! I am a wife, mother to four and a daycare assistant during the day. At night I’m either doing one of two things: reading anything paranormal, fantasy, dystopian related or writing something in one of those categories.
As Acquisitions Director I get the honor of reading through so many creative stories from some very talented authors and I couldn’t be more excited about that! Now, onto the following steps!
Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- I’m a giant kid at heart!
- I love sunglasses. At the moment I own six pairs.
- I have a literary boner for vampires. And not the sparkly, ooey gooey sweet ones either. Give me a dark, twisted, blood sucking, seductive vamp and I am a very happy girl.
- I’m a geek. A band geek actually. I’ve played the clarinet since I was 10 years old.
- I’m an introvert. Not only do I enjoy being alone, but I need time to myself to help reenergize. This is an interesting personality trait when you’re part of a six person family.
- I’m super girly. That’s like girly, but with a cape. =P
- I have to sleep with one foot outside of the blanket or I can’t sleep at all.
- I love cereal, chocolate milk and cartoons. Refer to random fact #1.
- Pink is my favorite color. Super Girly, remember? 😉
- I live in flip flops. Rain or shine, that’s pretty much all I wear.
- The beach is my home away from home. Someday, it will be my backyard.
Questions for JESSICA OR ANY NEW ADDITIONS TO THE REUTS TEAM
1. If you could learn how to do one thing instantly, what would you want to learn?
I’d want to learn how to dance. You know, like salsa and the cha cha. I love dancing, but I’ve never taken lessons.
2. What’s a strange food that you like?
Unfortunately, I don’t think I like anything strange. But my husband does call me an old lady because I like things like oatmeal and tapioca pudding. LOL!
3. If you could live the life of a fictional character (in their world) for one day, what character would you pick?
Hermione Granger! Did I mention I’m a Harry Potter FREAK! =D
4. If you met a genie, what 3 wishes would you make?
An unlimited supply of Starbucks Coffee
A 1966 Mustang
Oh and world peace
5. Mac or PC?
Technically, PC. But I’m a Mac girl and plan on making the change very soon. =)
6. How do you like to deal with writer’s block?
I don’t like to deal with it. LOL! But like all writers, I definitely run into it. I haven’t found a method that works every time, but reading helps. I know that probably seems odd, but reading is what inspires me to write. The creativity of the human mind is inspiring.
7. What song can’t you get out of your head right now?
Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke, Clarity by Zedd and Crickets by Drop City Yacht Club
8. What’s your most visited website?
Aside from a mommy group that I’ve been a part of since its inception ten plus years ago, it’d be a toss-up between Pinterest and Facebook.
9. What’s one thing you are determined to do in your lifetime?
Never stop writing.
10. Based on your personality what animal are you most like? Why?
This is tough. I guess I’d be in the cat family. Very independent, introverted and territorial.
11. Do you cook? If so is there one dish that is your specialty?
I am so not a cook, but I’ve been told I make a pretty good lasagna. =)
Alright, it’s time to meet our next team member! Come on down Kate! Here’s your questions:
- Are you a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl or do you like to dress up?
- What’s your favorite TV show? Movie?
- What’s your astrological sign and do you feel like it describes you accurately?
- What’s the first childhood memory you can recall?
- Vampires or Werewolves?
- Favorite Author?
- Do you like it when the good guy wins or the bad guy?
- What’s one thing that, no matter your mood, will always make you happy?
- If you could choose any animal as a pet, what would it be? Why?
- Salty or sweet?
- What’s your favorite season?
Dr Fox online prescription of doxycycline antibiotics for the treatment of chlamydia symptoms from UK pharmacy doxycycline for sale. Doxycycline anti-malaria tablets available without prior prescription from Express Pharmacy. Neurontin (Gabapentin) is designed in order to control partial seizures (convulsions) in adult patients with epilepsy buy neurontin online without prescription! Worldwide shipping. Buy Neurontin Online..