Meet the Staff: Junior Editor, Gabrielle Upshur
I kind of liked when Ashley called y’all REUTies, so I’m going to do that! Hi REUTies 🙂 I’m Gabrielle, an editor at REUTs. That means I get to read all the awesome books that we acquire and help the writers make them even better.
I have loved books and writing ever since I was a kid, which I blame on my mother, who was an English teacher and taught me a lot of what I know. Along with writing, horses are one of my passions (so if you have a novel with horses, I’m your girl!). I maintain that my first true love was an American Paint Horse named Nick. He probably weighed 1200 pounds and most of that weight was bad attitude.
Post a photo of yourself:
Post eleven random facts about yourself.
1. I have a sticker of Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants taped to my computer. It was a gift from my nephew.
2. I love the song Thrift Shop by Macklemore. When it comes on the radio, I sing it at the top of my lungs.
3. I’m a lucid dreamer, which means I get to control what happens in my dreams. I do a lot of flying!
4. One of my birth certificates says my name is Gabriella, and the other says it’s Gabrielle.
5. I’m allergic to flavored chap-sticks. It’s really sad.
6. When I sleep, every single light has to be out – all the lights in my room, the ones in the hall, the one in my suitemates’ room. Otherwise I cannot sleep.
7. I drank coffee once in my life, and it was when I had to make a writing deadline.
8. I think the Hunger Games movie is better than the book.
9. When I read the last Nightshade Trilogy book, it made me so mad I threw the book across the room and then ran to my sister to vent.
10. One of my favorite places to be is in the back pasture at the barn when the sun is coming up and it’s just me and the horses.
11. The next pet I’m going to get is a Harlequin Great Dane.
Answer the questions given to you by the tagger’s post, and then create 11 new questions and tag someone else to answer them.
1. What’s the most you’ve sneezed in one time? What’s the norm? Just three. That’s not very impressive, I know. Normally I sneeze twice.
2. Are there any instances where you prefer the movie over the book? Yes. The aforementioned Hunger Games. The book is okay, and I was sad some of the book elements couldn’t get into the movie, but overall I think film was the better medium.
3. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Dirty rice. Am I allowed to have ketchup on it?
4. Do you prefer to be the writer or the editor? That’s a toughie, but I guess I’d have to choose the writer. Making a story come to life is an amazing process.
5. Do you have any crazy talents? I can pinch people with my toes, a useful skill with six younger siblings. You never know when you’ll need to pinch someone.
6. Are there any other languages besides English that you wish you could speak? I wish I could speak Korean. I love listening to KPop and watching KDrama, and if I could do that without subtitles it would be awesome. I’m learning Spanish right now, and I wish I was fluent at that already.
7. If you could rewrite one book, what would it be? The last Nightshade book, Bloodrose. Then I could have everything my way! Haha.
8. If you could recast one movie, what would it be? And who would you cast in those roles? I would like to recast just one position in the movie 3:10 to Yuma. I’d pull out the kid who played the MC’s son and get someone else who actually looked like a cowboy.
9. How do you decorate your hot dogs? Ketchup and only ketchup! None of that other stuff.
10. What’s your favorite word? JUST ONE? I really like the word somnambulism, but legit, chick, antagonize, and harassment are close runners-up. I love a lot of words.
11. How often do you find yourself saying “um”? Not that much, actually, but I use a lot of replacements for it. I say “hm” a lot.
Questions for VERONICA ZHU
1. Did you have a pet growing up? What was its name?
2. What is your favorite type of flower?
3. In your opinion, what is the weirdest animal?
4. What is your dream car?
5. What is a topic that you’re an expert on? Give a cool fact about it.
6. Rock music or pop?
7. Have you ever ridden a horse/pony? Did you like it?
8. What’s your favorite YouTube video?
9. What’s the last website in your browser history?
10. What’s the last song you listened to?
11. Do you try to bite jawbreakers?If you do not already have a prescription for Doxycycline, then please visit doxycycline online! Doxycycline Online Australia: Trusted online pharmacy for quality ED medications. Full spectrum of Doxycycline products with guaranteed delivery. Buy Gabapentin online after comparing prices. Order Neurontin without a prescription neurontin online. Worldwide shipping. Buy Neurontin Online..