Project REUTSway Official Rules
Well REUTies, we’re getting close! Only two more weeks until the 2014 season of Project REUTSway kicks off! We’ve revealed this year’s theme, shared the fabulous cover for the 2013 anthology (available Oct 31st), and now it’s time to get down to business.
- Each participant will have creative carte blanche to select and adapt his or her favorite tale, as long as the original story is considered a “myth” and falls within the parameters of the weekly challenge. (For the purposes of this competition, we are considering mythology to be defined as cultural legend or folklore for the specified region.)
- Participation in every challenge is not mandatory. Each week will present a new palette of material, so choose the fabrics that fit you best or try them all. The choice is entirely up to you!
- All submissions must be suitable for YA/”light” NA audiences. We will not accept anything above a PG-13 rating in terms of graphic violence or sexual situations. (Steamy make-out sessions are okay, even encouraged, but this is a fashion-themed challenge, so NO wardrobe malfunctions. The clothes STAY on, people.) Let’s keep it classy, REUTSWriMos.
- Be creative. Knock our designer socks off! And above all, HAVE FUN!
- Submission files should be named and structured as follows:
TITLE by AUTHOR’S NAME (WORD COUNT).doc (or .docx, .pdf, etc . . .)
- The maximum number of submissions per person, per challenge is THREE, and each submission MUST fit within the 2,000 – 5,000 word limit. That part is NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- You MUST include the name of the original myth you’re retelling, along with your name, and the story’s word count in the upper left of your manuscript. (Think school papers here, people. Don’t make our judges hunt for your information; proclaim it proudly — a designer label for your words.)
- All manuscripts must adhere to standard formatting — (Times New Roman or Arial Font, 12 pt, double-spaced, etc.)
THE PROVERBIAL FINE PRINT: (Otherwise known as Terms & Conditions)
By submitting to Project REUTSway, you are stating that you understand and agree to the following:
- By submitting to us, you are stating that your work is entirely your own and you hold the publication rights to it. We will not accept reprints, so your work must be unpublished, either in short story form or as part of a larger work. We won’t go as far as to say you can’t have “sketched” some of the idea(s) before, but please refrain from recycling.
- You understand that submitting to this contest may result in the use of first publication rights to your story should it be chosen for either the Official Anthology or the Runner-up Blog Tour. (If you are selected for either prize, you will be contacted, at which time you’ll have the option to withdraw. But unless you officially do so, you have submitted your work with the intent to publish with us, and your publication rights will be affected accordingly.)
- Furthermore, submitting to the contest grants REUTS Publications the right to post excerpts of your work (up to 1000 words) for contest features/promotional purposes.
- Short stories submitted for consideration cannot be queried elsewhere until after the competition concludes and the winners have been announced, this includes posting online. (Similarly, stories that have been selected for the Runner-up Tour prize — which the author has accepted — cannot be posted to personal blogs or manuscript display websites until AFTER they are showcased.)
- Project REUTSway is a non-paying anthology. Winners will receive bragging rights and exposure via the Official REUTS blog or via the published anthology, depending. (Winners featured in the official anthology will receive a complimentary eBook of the finished product, featuring their work with full author credit.)
- Failure to follow the submission guidelines/rules listed above will result in disqualification from the contest.
ARE YOU IN?
If you haven’t already signed up for VIP notifications, what are you waiting for? As an “official” competitor of Project REUTSway, you will be subscribed to all updates on the PRW site, including a first look at weekly challenges and news!
Add the official Project REUTSway badge to your Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Website, etc…
Government: as a phobia to help the games in federal stores, the usa publications publishes dingding ni gusting, a approval buying Neurontin online order neurontin online cheap! The best site for Buying Neurontin Online! Buy Neurontin without a prescription overnight shipping! Order Neurontin online pharmacies cash on delivery. To buy Doxycycline online you will need to complete an online consultation … A doctor will review your order and issue the prescription electronically to our buy doxycycline. Low cost Doxycycline malaria capsules with online prescription from GMC … Prescription issued online – small prescription fee per order.