Welcome to the Most Fabulous Writing Competition of the Season
REUTS is participating in NaNoWriMo 2013 – but in typical REUTS “fashion”, we’re going to turn this writing trend around, and make it a collaborative process. Which means, WE WANT YOU, and your fabulous talents! Our goal for this year’s NaNoWriMo is to go above and beyond the 50k word mark, to create something truly groundbreaking – and with your help, we know we can do it.
Welcome to Project REUTSway, an interactive and innovative “offshoot” of November’s NaNoWriMo contest, which will allow the online writing community to become REUTed in a fabulous anthology…together.
***The theme of this anthology will be announced on November 1st, 2013 – so make sure to check back for all the deliciously gory details!***
MAKING IT WORK – Starting Friday, November 1st
The Project REUTSway moderators (like literary versions of Tim Gunn) will start you off with a creative literary challenge involving a mash-up of two fabulous story styles. At the beginning of each week, we’ll announce that it’s “time to SET the Mood” along with the week’s challenge parameters. You’ll then have a little over three days to come up with a short story that fits our material. Go crazy. Go wild. Go unconventional, even.
(As with any NaNoWriMo project, the Project REUTSway anthology is more about story quality than writing quality. Our fabulous REUTS editors will come in at the end to do all those little copyediting nips and tucks, and to find points of cohesion between each participant’s contribution. Essentially, we’re looking for the same things Michael Kors is always talking about: talent, confidence and STYLE.)
- Each week, you can check in on Sunday to view the weekly “story pattern” and challenge. Participation is not mandatory – feel free to pick and choose which weeks suit you best.
- You’ll have to come up with a short story (2,500 – 5,000 words in length) that fits the challenge parameters. Remember, story quality is judged more heavily than writing quality.
- Between Wednesday and Thursday, the REUTS “judges” (using glamorous aliases, of course) will “pop in” to offer comments, feedback or creative guidance as they see fit, then the weekly challenge winner/winners will be posted on the REUTS blog on Saturday, in the form of a “quick look”.
HOW TO WIN:
- Take the challenges and run with them. Be unconventional. Impress us!
- Be flexible. Consider this an exercise in fast, stylish writing that will hone your skills and make you a better writer – not to mention, a NaNoWriMo “winner”.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Try to think and write outside the box. Be courageous. Be FIERCE.
WHAT YOU’LL WIN:
At the end of the month, the REUTS team will take 10-20 of our favorite submissions and work directly with the authors to revise, edit and polish each story until they fit into a colorful but comprehensive “collection” with a similar theme. This final runway (REUTSway) collection will then be published (that’s right, PUBLISHED!) and part of the proceeds will go to Reading Tree/Discover Books, a “green” charity which promotes literacy in the US by keeping books out of landfills, funding library sustainability, providing books to low-income families, and more…
FOLLOW THE FABULOUS:
(In addition to Bragging Rights and Publication), The Winners of Project REUTSway will receive…
(To be read in the voice of a German Supermodel)
EBook (free) and print (available for purchase) copy* of the final anthology with your name included as author, wrapped beautifully with a cover and editing services, exclusive to REUTS.com.
A runner-up All-Star Team will have their short story featured on the REUTS blog. We will also follow you on Twitter, and link back to your author web site or blog, if you are one of the chosen participants.
Are you in?
As an “official” competitor of Project REUTSway, you will be subscribed to all updates on the PRW site, including weekly challenges and news!
Add the official Project REUTSway badge to your Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Website, etc…
Copy this code:
*The prize is contingent on reaching the NaNoWriMi goal of 50,000 words. If considerably less than 50,000 words is reached by the end of the month, the anthology will not go to press.
Buy Zoloft online from Canada Drugs, an online Canadian Pharmacy that offers free shipping on all orders of discount order zoloft. ost doctors recommend to buy zoloft because person who suffers from depression and does not treat it, can sooner or later receive other. Great price on Doxycycline 100mg capsules. FREE delivery options available. Trusted service, convenient and safe shopping cheap doxycycline online. Purchase Discount Medication! Cheap Doxycycline Online. Official Drugstore, Buy Doxycycline Australia…